What is workforce planning modelling?
Organisational workforce needs can shift rapidly. We can equip you to model the impact of these changes and set your workforce budget accordingly - for the short, medium and long term.
Matching organisational goals with the reality on the ground
Your workforce is your most valuable tangible asset. Your organisation’s ability to successfully execute its strategy is completely dependent on that workforce: its size, makeup skill profile and overall productivity.
But at any one time, how well does your workforce capacity match immediate organisational need? Are we hiring too soon, too late, too much, too little? Have we accurately taken into account employee churn and absence? How should we structure our salary scales?
All of these decisions can have a significant impact, both on your HR budget and on the organisation’s overall liquidity. Utilising the likes of IBM Planning Analytics and other world-leading tools, we give you the ability to test the likely impact of changes to your staffing strategy.
This allows you to adopt a truly agile approach to workforce planning: to quickly adjust your inputs, to assess the full financial implications of potential staffing structure options, and to make the right workforce decisions.
Common Workforce Planning Challenges
- Strategic alignment. Can you determine the implications of your organisation’s overall goals for head count and workforce makeup?
- Talent demand and supply. Depending on the state of the talent market at any one time, staffing budgets may need to be adjusted to attract certain skillsets in particular locations/disciplines.
- Unplanned adjustments. Externally enforced movement restrictions, absences and churn may arise without warning. You need the ability to rapidly reassess your budget accordingly.
- New initiatives. A new market opportunity presents itself. However, to take advantage, you will need to add to your existing workforce. You need the ability to test the implications of this and determine whether the additional spend makes the opportunity commercially viable.
Meeting the challenges: agile modelling with MHR Workforce Planning
Our Financial Workforce Planning (FWP) package offers a complete solution for budgeting, forecasting and analysis on all aspects of workforce performance and finance.
This includes powerful modelling capabilities, allowing you to test actual and proposed changes to your existing workforce model and assess their financial implications.
- Integrate workforce data from across your organisation.
- Create a sandboxed workforce planning model, pre-populated with base numbers.
- Adjust inputs on a granular basis (e.g. scale rate changes, bonus payments, individual employees moving to company sick pay)
- Immediately see the impact of the new inputs on staffing budgets and on the organisation’s main budget.
- Test unlimited scenarios quickly without the need for technical input.
- Visualise your results in a range of different ways to make your findings relevant to everyone.
Whether you are starting from scratch with data analytics, or else looking to update your existing capabilities, MHR Analytics can help.
For help with identifying the solutions that will equip you for agile modelling as well as the training and support to become fully self sufficient in this area, speak to MHR Analytics today.